- About Us
- Medical Center & Pharmacy
- Living With HIV
- HIV Info & Testing
- HIV/STD Hotline
- Camp Sunrise
- Support ARC Ohio
|Email this posting to a friend Back to All Postings|
Monday, 02 February 2015
Friday, 31 July 2015
ARC Ohio - Mansfield office
410 Park Ave. West Suite 1 Mansfield, OH 44906
|Travel:||Less than 25%|
Position Title: MEDICAL CASE MANAGER
Direct Reports: NONE
The Case Manager is responsible for providing comprehensive case management services at ARC Ohio and identifying and assisting HIV+ persons needing case management services throughout Ohio. The individual will operate in accordance with the established professional standards and guidelines as stated by the Ohio Revised Code and put forth by the Ohio Counselor, Social Work and Marriage and Family Therapist Board. The individual will operate in accordance with the established professional standards and guidelines for the National Association of Social Workers (NASW) and agree to adhere to NASW standards for social work management.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
· Maintain current licensure.
· Adhere to ARC Ohio Confidentiality Policy.
· Provide high quality case management for clients who have HIV/AIDS and their families no less than 60% per month of hours worked.
· Maintain client files and records as directed by agency policies and procedures that will be demonstrated by scoring no less than 90% on monthly peer reviews.
· Maintain appropriate referral sources and contact persons for community-based services.
· Represent organization in community, engaging other service providers and educating about special needs associated with HIV/AIDS in the primary care continuum.
· Conduct comprehensive psychosocial assessments for people with HIV/AIDS seeking services at intake and complete new assessments each year.
· Develop, monitor, and evaluate individual case plans for each assigned client at intake and every six months thereafter.
· Maintain a caseload of no greater than 10% of clients out of date in any given month.
· Provide crisis intervention and consultation/outreach to community agencies.
· Complete accurate data collection, reports, and documentation to provide data for federal, state, agency and board purposes as assigned by supervisor.
· Complete all documentation within two business days of service provided.
· Providing linkage to resources such as housing, respite, nutritional assistance, palliative care, chore assistance, transportation and social functions which help increase ability to remain independent in the community.
· Function as a central and primary access point for financial assistance programs: Ryan White Treatment Modernization Act (Part B and C), HOPWA short term rental assistance, and any future assistance programs.
· Identify and recruit health care professionals in the region to provide quality services to HIV+ individuals and establish new relationships and contractual agreements in collaboration with ODH; Develop positive working relationships with providers.
· Correspond and coordinate with primary case management network to refer clients, provide consultation on primary care services and resources, and assist in navigating system of medical care service delivery.
· Work in conjunction with ARC Ohio committees related to clients’ needs and services.
· Complete a minimum of 10 hours a year of HIV/AIDS specific training to keep informed about current AIDS research, case management models, and needs assessments.
· Appropriate use of clinical supervision: seeking individual supervision as needed; being prepared to actively participate in group supervision. Attend 8 hours of supervision per month as required by ODH.
· Demonstrate unconditional positive regard to clients and conduct all aspects of job responsibilities with a focus on exceptional customer service.
· Continuously grow and develop Cultural Competency, exhibiting an understanding, awareness, and respect for diversity.
· Contribute to a positive work environment by demonstrating unconditional positive regard to all ARC Ohio employees, interns, etc. with an understanding, awareness, and respect for diversity.
· Complete HIV Testing training and participate in HIV Testing as part of Case Finding activity in Case Management and to support HIV Testing activities throughout the agency as needed.
· Other duties as assigned related to this position by supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS:
· Minimum of BS/BSW and LSW required.
· Must have sensitivity to, interest in and competence in cultural differences, HIV/AIDS, minority health, sexual practices, and a demonstrated competence in working with persons of color, and gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgendered community.
· Community-based Case Management and training experience desired.
· Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications and other computer applications required.
· Reliable transportation, driver’s license and proof of auto insurance required.
· Knowledge and adherence to social work standards and ethics.
Background and reference checks will be conducted. Hours may vary, including working some evenings and weekends based on workload. Individuals are not considered applicants until they have been asked to visit for an interview and at that time complete an application for employment. Completing the application does not guarantee employment. In accordance with ARC Ohio’s Drug-Free Workplace Policy, pre-employment drug testing will be administered. EOE/AA
PHYSICAL / MENTAL / ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
(N) None: the activity does not place a physical demand on the position
(O) Occasionally: the activity is performed up to 20% of the time
(F) Frequently: the activity is performed from 21% - 50% of the time
(C) Constantly: the activity is performed at least 51% of the time
Activity Frequency Activity Frequency
Lifting O Reaching O
Carrying O Handling O
Pushing O Finger Dexterity F
Pulling O Feeling O
Standing O Talking C
Walking O Ordinary Conversation C
Sitting C Loud Talking O
Climbing N Hearing C
Balancing N Ordinary Conversation C
Work at Heights N Other O
Stooping O Repetitive Motion O
Crouching O Seeing C
Kneeling N Work with others to accomplish work C
Crawling N Work alone to accomplish work F
Susceptible to several interruptions C
The employee must regularly lift and carry small packages of up to 10 pounds. The employee must occasionally carry supplies, materials, and audio visual aids weighing up to 50 pounds to and from their car and to other locations within or outside of the office.
OCCUPATIONAL HAZARDS PRESENT
Potential exposure to blood borne pathogens. Otherwise, there are no known occupational hazards in performing the job.